Once the list of wireless networks is displayed, choose to connect to the network that has the same name as your apartment community. Please note, this will display as a secured network. When prompted, enter the security key that has been provided to you. Some computers require that the security key be entered twice to connect. The security key must be entered exactly as it was given to you.
Once connected, open your internet browser. You will be directed to a welcome screen where you can either log in or create a new account if you are a new user.
This includes but is not limited to all gaming systems, bluray players, nooks, kindles, and wireless televisions. Please note that these devices are prohibited on the main network and must only connect through the OWD-“Your Apartment Community” network.
When connecting, view the device list of available wireless networks and select the network named OWD-“Your Apartment Community.” Please note that this network will display as a secured network. When prompted, enter your security key that has been provided to you.
The device will be on the internet once the connection is established.
It is the user’s responsibility to understand how to use his/her wireless device. The user may need to refer to the device’s manual as appropriate. We are unable to provide directions on how to use your wireless device.
Along the bottom half of the Welcome screen are the fields that are required to request a new account. Please be sure to include your first AND last name when registering the account. There are no specific requirements for the password, any combination of letters and numbers will do. When you are done filling out the fields, click “create new account.”
After your new account is requested, it may take up to 24 hours to match your name to the list of authorized users in your apartment community.
– Make sure that the wireless switch of your device is in the ‘ON’ position. Although it varies by laptop computer manufacturer, the wireless switch is commonly located either on the front or on the side of the laptop. Please refer to your computer manual for the location of the wireless switch for your device.
– If you are using a desktop computer with a USB wireless adapter, be sure that you have followed the installation directions, including using any CD’s provided in the device packaging. Be sure that the USB device is plugged in securely to a USB port on the PC and that the device being used is compatible with your computer.
– If your computer shows a connection to the internet, but is unable to open a webpage.
– It may be necessary to clear the internet history including temporary files and cookies from your computer.
– You may also need to temporarily disable your antivirus or firewall protection to determine if this is blocking your internet access.
– We recommend restarting your device and reestablishing a fresh connection to the internet.
When using a wireless connection, we recommend doing a physical restart of your computer at least one time per day to give the computer a fresh start.
– We recommend using one web page at a time in order to have optimum internet usage.
– We recommend minimizing the number of unused programs running on your desktop as this may slow down your computer.